- Arrive in Hawkins County and check into the Hale Springs Inn.
- Visit Amis Mill, a historic grist mill that is now a working museum and has an onsite restaurant – Amis Mill Eatery.
- Have dinner at one of the many restaurants in Downtown Rogersville, the county seat of Hawkins County. Tired? Have dinner at the Hale Springs Inn.
- Have breakfast at the Hale Springs Inn.
- Go for a hike at Laurel Run Park, a beautiful park with hiking trails and a wonderful waterfall along the trail.
- Have lunch at the park’s picnic area.
- That evening, Visit Bluegrass at Bellamy Hardware, a historic hardware store that has been in business since 1898.
- Have dinner at one of the many restaurants in Downtown Rogersville.
- Have breakfast across the street at Coffee at the Kyle.
- Visit the Archie Campbell Museum, a museum dedicated to the life and career of Archie Campbell, a comedian and actor who was born in Hawkins County. Like model railroads? Just across the street from the Archie Campbell Museum if the Bulls Gap Railroad Museum.
- Have lunch at one of the many restaurants in Downtown Rogersville.
- Depart from Hawkins County.
This is just a sample itinerary, and you can customize it to fit your interests and budget. No matter what you choose to do, you are sure to have a great time in Rogersville, Tennessee.
Here are some more details about each of the places mentioned in the itinerary:
Hale Springs Inn: The Hale Springs Inn is a historic bed and breakfast inn located in Rogersville, Tennessee. The inn was built in 1870 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The inn has 12 rooms, each of which is decorated in a different style. The inn also has a restaurant, a gift shop, and a swimming pool.
Amis Mill: Amis Mill is a historic grist mill located in Rogersville, Tennessee. The mill was built in 1840 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The mill is now a working museum that offers tours and demonstrations of how the mill operated in the 19th century, this is an onsite restaurant – Amis Mill Eatery with great views of the damn and waterfall.
Laurel Run Park: Laurel Run Park is a 100-acre park located in Rogersville, Tennessee. The park has hiking trails, waterfalls, and a picnic area. The park is open from dawn to dusk and is free to enter.
Bellamy Hardware: Bellamy Hardware is a historic hardware store that has been in business since 1898. The store is located in Rogersville, Tennessee. The store once sold a variety of hardware items, including tools, paint, and lumber. The store is also a popular tourist destination for Bluegrass at Bellamy Hardware.
Archie Campbell Museum: The Archie Campbell Museum is a museum dedicated to the life and career of Archie Campbell, a comedian and actor who was born in Hawkins County. The museum is located in Bulls Gap, Tennessee. The museum has exhibits on Campbell’s life and career, as well as memorabilia from his shows. The museum is also a popular tourist destination.
I hope this helps you plan your getaway to Rogersville, Tennessee in Hawkins County!