National & State Parks in East Tennessee
East Tennessee is home to a number of beautiful national and state parks. Here are a few of the most popular ones:
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited national park in the United States. It is home to a variety of plant and animal life, including black bears, elk, and deer. There are also many hiking trails, waterfalls, and scenic overlooks.
- Cumberland Gap National Historical Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is the gateway to the Appalachian Mountains and was an important trade route for Native Americans and early settlers. The park has a variety of hiking trails, historic buildings, and overlooks.
- Norris Dam State Park is a popular destination for fishing, boating, and hiking. The park is also home to the Norris Dam, which was built in the 1930s.
- Big Ridge State Park is a beautiful park with a variety of hiking trails, waterfalls, and scenic overlooks. The park is also home to a number of historical sites, including the Big Ridge Civil War Battlefield.
- Cherokee National Forest is the largest national forest in Tennessee. It is home to a variety of plant and animal life, including black bears, elk, and deer. There are also many hiking trails, waterfalls, and scenic overlooks.
- Manhattan Project National Historical Park is a park that tells the story of the development of the atomic bomb. The park is located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, which was a secret city during World War II. The park has a variety of exhibits, including a replica of the first atomic bomb.
These are just a few of the many national and state parks in East Tennessee. There are many other parks to explore, each with its own unique beauty and history.
East Tennessee Visitors Guide list of the National & State Parks within the East Tennessee Area. Use our map above or our listings below to find the perfect spot for your next adventure.
Quarry Cove Retreat
Welcome to Quarry Cove Resort! Enjoy luxury accommodations and lake activities for the whole group to enjoy. Stay in our lakefront campervan/camper site or one of our four fully outfitted bell tent “Glampsites”
Subscribe to Stay Up-To-Date
Know about the latest events happening in East Tennessee
We do not spam. You can unsubscribe anytime